Tuesday, December 22, 2009

From Here at Home

Hello to all from home sweet home. This is Marissa! I have just come in from shoveling our driveway and am now thawing my fingers as I type. Quinn is at Patrick's house having a sleepover, aka: nonstop video game playing with a small break for sleeping. Gage is with Emily watching a football game with her family. Zack is in Arizona for Christmas break which leaves me lonesome at home.
Nothing much new around here except that we are all itching for Mom and Dad and Alex to come back home! The stockings are hung, the shopping is done, and the presents are wrapped. Now we just need some more people to fill up the house. This Christmas will be more fun for myself than anybody else I believe. Since I already know what everybody is getting for Christmas I get to watch my five children (Mom, Dad, Gage, Quinn, and Alex) open everything Christmas morning! I can't wait.
I spoke with Eric early this morning. He was waiting to leave on his plane back to Guam. He will stay tonight in L.A. and then tomorrow on another plane to Hawaii then Guam. I know he is excited to be back in Guam for the lovely warm weather. In about a month he will ship off to Iraq for six months. Me and Gage and Quinn often talk about how we wish Eric were at home. The holidays are the very worst time to be lacking family members in the home.
I have three job interviews tomorrow! More than I have had in ages so things are looking a bit brighter these days for my desperate job search.
We are all getting along great here! Only a day and a half more. Merry Christmas everybody! Marissa signing off.

3 comments:

  1. Marissa!! What a lovely, sweet daughter and sister you are!! Merry Christmas and best of luck with your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with wendy. You are a wonderful person! I hope that your hands have thawed. Great news about your interviews! Does Eric spend any time in Hawaii? We will be there sunday. Tell everyone hi for me and stay warm. Love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a good girl, Marissa. It isn't easy to hold down the fort, especially at Christmas time, but you've done a great job. See you on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete