Sunday, June 14, 2009

SDA Today

It's 7:45 a.m. Monday morning. Our facilitator will be here any minute to take us to our SDA appointment. That stands for State Department of Adoptions for those of you who aren't familiar with this whole process. We have waited many months for this day. This office will give us permission to go to the Dnipro orphanage, where we hope to locate the little boy/boys we feel should be part of our family.

As my luggage still has not been located, I am going "frump style," as my daughter would say. Michael's luggage was delivered to our apartment last night, but the delivery man had no knowledge of my luggage. We have done everything we can, and I am going to have to learn to live without my "things." I wore some of Michael's garments to bed last night and handwashed my one pair so I could have fresh underwear today, but I'm on my third day for my shirt and pants. Jen Benson loaned me a shirt, so tonight I will handwash my shirt and hope it's dry by morning. The people here don't have clothes dryers. Everything has to air dry.

So I have given myself a talking to this morning to improve my attitude. The things in my suitcase were only things, nothing too terribly important and life-threatening if I don't get them back. At lease I had my medication in my purse. When we opened Michael's suitcase last night, I was pleasantly surprised. My luggage was one pound overweight at the SLC airport, so we hurriedly grabbed some stuff out of mine and put it in Michael's. It included my deodorant, make-up, toothbruth, lotion, etc. Yeah! I have no clothes, but I can at least put on deodorant and brush my teeth.

Well, Sergei just rang from the outside door, so gotta go. More later.

1 comment:

  1. We're look forward to hearing all about your SDA appointment! Glad you made it safely to Ukraine, even if your suitcase hasn't quite found it's way there.

    ReplyDelete