Thursday, March 5, 2009

We got our SDA date.


Testing, testing, testing. Okay, so this is my first time posting something into my blog. So far this is pretty easy. I can do this. This will be the "no frills" blog out of the bunch, but at least it'll pass along information.

Here is an update on what's been happening the last couple days. When I got home from work Tuesday, I casually checked my e-mail and was shocked to have an e-mail from Elliana with our SDA date of March 23! That's eighteen days until we need to board a plane headed for Ukraine. I literally walked around my office in shock for about five minutes before I tried calling Michael. We had hoped to go anytime after April 4 because of Michael's work schedule. He has (or had) a three-day trial April 1, 2, and 3. Well, to make a long story short, he's worked like a fiend to get that trial and several other matters rescheduled, and we're keeping our SDA date! Yea!

So I am feeling a lot of stress trying to get things done that I thought I had a few more weeks to accomplish. I need to tell my office to leave me alone. Wouldn't you know it. Work gets busy when I need it to be slow. And it would have to be tax time. I still don't have some of my tax returns done.

But we are excited around here. We gave Quinn's (and Bogdan's) room a very hard cleaning today. I also got an itinerary from Eldon at Golden Rule for our flight. The first one he sent had a five-hour layover in Denver and an eleven-hour layover in Germany. What? I called him, and he worked out something a little better. Well, that's enough for my first post.

Thanks to all my new friends. I am actually amazed that people are asking for my blog address. It's nice to know I have friends out there.

4 comments:

  1. This is all so exciting! I'm really happy for you and thrilled that you are able to go without any set backs. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! See it isn't hard! Yahoo that you're keeping your date! Maybe we' can stay together in Keiv, what day do you arrive? I think we head out on the 21st so we might just miss each other.
    Good luck preparing, my goal is to catch up on sleep on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is awesome news! I don't think Bogdan actually can understand what is about to happen to him and how it will change is life so much for the better. You are a great family for doing this.

    The Howick's

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a generous thing you are doing for one of Gods' children. I hope it all comes together without a hitch. Good luck with the preparation and the journey.
    J Lawrence

    ReplyDelete