Friday, March 6, 2009

News from Kremenchuk

We got news today about the adopting family that's already in Ukraine. The director at Kremenchuk is still having issues with these international adoptions. I am trying to be charitable and see things from his eyes. I guess too many international adoptions translates to a possible job loss for him. I'm not sure. I hate that we can't call Bogdan and tell him we're coming. Our only contact there at Kremenchuk is a woman that goes to these orphanages to organize pen pal groups. She works with some Americans from the Church of Christ. She is a native Ukrainian that speaks perfect English. We were communicating with Bogdan through her, but now she has been prohibited from speaking with the children who are going to be adopted internationally from Utah, so we have lost contact with Bogdan. I asked her if we could continue to send letters, and she told me she suspects any letters will be confiscated by the director. She said, "I worry about all these children. My only wish for them is that they all go to loving families." It's nice to know there are really good people out there who have the children's best interests at heart.

I've been thinking about Bogdan a lot today. He is totally in the dark about what we've done so far to bring him home. One of our fellow adopting friends said, "I don't think Bogdan actually can understand what is about to happen to him and how it will change his life so much for the better." I agree. I only hope I can live up to my responsibility and teach him what I consider to be the most important things in this life.

3 comments:

  1. Lori...he's so lucky to have you and he will be so happy. You'll be there soon and he'll be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did you hear from Kellers? Things will all work out and Bogdan is coming to such a loving family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon enough it will all work out! The Keller's are getting through the system and you will too.

    ReplyDelete