Monday, November 30, 2009

Sunday, Day 6

Another lazy day. No LDS church that anyone knows of. I love going to church on Sunday. It's weird not going.

I hand-washed Sasha's clothes in the morning. Oh, holy cow! The water was jet black in five seconds. No wonder the stench. I washed them twice and probably should have done it thrice, but I didn't want to use too much of our hosts' hot water. Then our hosts stoked up the coal to heat their house up really warm so Sasha's clothes would dry before we had to have him back in the orphanage in the evening.

We took him back about seven p.m. Many of the other children were still outside playing, and we got thronged when we arrived with Sasha. They all know that he's being adopted by Americans, and they had to see us for themselves. We were literally standing in the center of a huge throng of kids while Sasha's "mama teacher" talked to us and asked us questions. Cute, cute kids. I feel so bad for them. I wonder what Sasha's best friend, Ruslan, will do when Sasha leaves. Anyone out there interested in a darling, brown haired, brown eyed, 13-year-old boy? He is REALLY cute, but I don't know if he's available. I could probably ask. Hope to post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment