Sunday, May 9, 2010

Alex has been meeting with the missionaries in our home for the last couple months. It has been a wonderful experience for our entire family. Max, a returned missionary who served in Russia, has been helping us with the interpreting, although Alex really understands so much without interpretation. We have had some great discussions, and I truly believe Alex has a pretty good understanding of things. Today while I was playing the piano, he came and sat by me and asked me what the Holy Ghost felt like. Before I could even answer, he asked me if it felt like the sun was shining on you and making you feel warm inside when you felt sad about something. I told him "Yes." He said, "Oh, I already felt that." One day he was intent on finding out who Heavenly Father's father is. We finally just told him it didn't matter, some things we don't need to know, but it told us he was thinking about things. We had our last missionary discussion tonight and went through the baptismal questions. He had a clear understanding of each question. He has developed a good relationship with Max and Elder Hill and Elder Reams. I will never forget the look of surprise and happiness on his face the night we talked about eternal families and that he could some day return to Heavenly Father and be with his family forever. It was a totally new concept to him. Alex's baptism is this Friday, May 14, at 6:00 p.m. at our church, 5980 South 1300 West. We invite all friends and relatives to join us for the special occasion.

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute! It's so fun to watch their spirituality develop. We hope to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Alex!What a exciting new life for him!

    ReplyDelete